If you happen to have installed newer furniture pieces in your home and you want them to match with the color of your floor then this is the time to apply stain hardwood floors. The fact is that there is no need for you to remove the entire flooring system to apply stain. This only eats much of your time. So if you happen to put different types of furniture items often, staining your floor is an excellent way to match it with your furniture.
If you are planning to stain your floor then you need to know the right and proper procedures. Make sure to follow them one by one so as to come up with an excellent output in the end.
1. Make it a point that staining should not be done unless the floor is thoroughly clean and clear. This is especially true when you have just finished buffing and sanding your floor. If you fail to do so, you’ll end up having different stain colors on your floor.
2. Make sure that the room is properly ventilated as stains emit harmful fumes and strong odors.
3. Always wear your knee pads whenever you are in the process of staining your wood floor. Wear work clothes too. And, don’t forget to wear pants and hand gloves as well to prevent your skin from contacting stains.
4. Whether you use light or stain hardwood floors darker, it is highly suggested that you should do the stain application section after section. Wipe excess stain with a clean rag after staining a particular section. This will ensure quick drying process.
5. When you have stained the entire area, allow the stain to dry overnight. The more stain you applied means the longer it takes for it to dry especially when the room is poorly ventilated or has a low temperature.
Stain Hardwood Floors: How To Do It