Spa resorts offer non-medical procedures to various health problems. The concept of spa treatments started in Europe many centuries ago but thanks to the present day level of stress and hectic lifestyle, spas have spread almost everywhere in the world. In last decade, many world class spas have mushroomed in India. These spa resorts are class apart and are located in the picturesque locales of country. At these spa resorts, one can experience the pure luxury with the world's best specialists in spa treatment.
The best 10 luxury spas famous in India are:
1. Ananda spa: Located near Rishikesh in Himalaya, Ananda is the world's number one spa destination. It is the finest spa in the country. Ananda has beautifully blended traditional Indian system of Ayurveda with the more contemporary western spa approach. The spa provides unique and exotic massages, spas and water therapies. Body treatments here include various types of exfoliation and body wraps treatments. They also offer recreation facilities like river rafting, golfing, and picnic.
2. The Spa of Oberoi Wildflower hall: Located amongst cedar trees and Snow Mountains in Shimla, this recently opened spa has a unique feature of using the essence of plant and flower essences in their aroma based therapy and Ayurveda treatments. They specialize in Indian head and Himalayan cedar bath.
3. Kaya Kalp (ITC Mughal), Agra: Built by ITC, the Asia's biggest spa was opened in year 2008. Its grandeur is just breath taking view. They also offer therapy based on ancient Ayurveda for mind and your body.
4. Maya Spa, Kumarakom: Located amidst the backwaters of Kerala, this is one of the largest spas in the south India. This spa has two sections; one caters to Ayurvedic programs whereas the other belongs to oriental type of treatment. The spa offers special type of meditation as well as yoga therapies on an island.
5. Taj Malabar Jiva: The Jiva spa at the Taj Malabar has been awarded Green Leaf certification by the Tourism Director of Kerala, which is the highest grade of certification for Ayurveda in the tourism Industry. The list of facilities ranges from Ayurveda programs, herbal based body scrubs, traditional massages and meditation.
6. Amarvilas Spa: How about relaxing in a pool of water full of flowers alongwith a Taj Mahal view outside? Stop dreaming now! You can actually fulfill this dream by visiting spa of Oberoi Amarvilas. Treatment offered is mixed of Indian and Thai techniques.
7. Sereno Spa: Located at a calm beach of Goa, this spa has some of the breath taking sea views. They offer wide ayurvedic massage, as well as skin treatments. This is a best place to rejuvenate and feel fresh.
8. Quan Spa: The posh Quan spa in Mumbai was voted one of the hot spas in year 2007. It is a great place to pamper yourself. The servcies of Queen spa will leave you rejuvenated, detoxified and enhanced with Indian style massages.
9. Amatrra Spa, New Delhi: The spa offers treatment based on a unique technique called Astroveda. The spa offers wellness programs, spa treatments, meditation and yoga pavilion.
10. Taj Lake Palace Jiva Spa, Udaipur: Located in lake city of Udaipur, this spa is a perfect destination to relax and unwind your body and soul. This place also offers a range of wellness programs which help you to soothe every tired and fatigued muscle.
Top 10 Luxury Spa Destinations in India