Amalaki has botanical name as 'Emblica Officinalis' and is commonly known as 'Indian Gooseberry', ‘Amla’ or 'Amalaki' and is derived from Sanskrit language. Amla is a small to medium sized deciduous tree grown in India. Due to its medicinal and therapeutic properties, it has been widely used in Indian traditional ayurvedic medicine system, also in Chinese medicines. It has cosmetic and mental benefits as well as a notable list of physical ones. Amalaki herb is an ideal daily health supplement and an inexpensive way to enhance beauty and general health.
Amla fruit is the richest source of natural Vitamin C. Amla fruit has 30 times more vitamin C than an orange fruit, which makes it one of the richest vitamin C fruits available on the planet. According to the research and studies, amalaki has proven that vitamin C can reduce the sternness of colds, act as a natural antihistamine and boost the immune system.
Medicinal and Therapeutic Benefits of Amalaki Herb:
- Natural Immunity Booster: Amla improves body’s immunity power; it improves the defence mechanism to fight against disease. It has the ability to restore body vitality.
- Diabetes: Amalaki is helpful in diabetic patient as it stimulates the group of cells which secretes the hormone insulin, thus blood sugar level are reduced effectively. Chromium available in Amalaki also helps to bring down the blood sugar level. Further the eyesight complications caused by diabetes can be prevented using Amalaki.
- Improve Eye Sight: Amalaki is an effective herb to get better eye sight. This herb helps to improve cataract and near-sightedness. It helps to reduce intraocular tension remarkably.
- Heart Disease: Studies showed that Amalaki is very effective to treat Heart diseases. It effectively reduces high serum cholesterol levels. It strengthens the heart muscles and thereby helps to heart to pump blood efficiently and smoothly throughout the body.
- Diarrhea and Dysentery: Amalaki has natural cooling and laxative properties, which is beneficial in dysentery and diarrhea. It provides relief from gastric syndrome and hyperchlorhydria (burning sensation in abdomen), as it has anti-inflammation property.
- Natural Hair Tonic: Amalaki herb strengthens hair roots, helps to hair growth, prevents hair fall, and premature greying of hair. So it is widely used in numerous hair tonics. Intake of fresh Amalaki fruit or applying its paste enhances hair growth, color and luster.
- Prevent Premature Ageing: Amalaki herb has anti-oxidant properties which help in protecting cells against free radical damage and thereby helps in the controlling of early aging and provide added vigour in old age.
The Amalaki fresh fruit contains more than 80% water along with minerals, protein, carbohydrates and fibre. It also has amino acids, flavones, polyphenols, bioflavonoids, carotenoids, anti-oxidants, tannin and other useful phytonutrients. Amalaki has countless health benefits as it enhances appetite, reduces stomach acid, strengthens the liver, nurtures the brain and mental effectiveness, supports the heart, fortifies the lungs, normalizes elimination, boosts fertility, helps the urinary system, good for the skin, promotes hair growth, prevents greying of hair, acts as a body coolant, flushes out toxins, increases vitality, strengthens the eyes, improves muscle tone and it acts as an antioxidant.
Browse Himalaya Amalaki – Natural Immunity Booster and Ideal Daily Health Supplement at: http://www.kwalityherbs.com/pure-herbs/14-amala-c-amalaki-from-himalaya.html
KwalityHerbs Blog - Ayurvedic Herbal Medicines Guide: http://blog.kwalityherbs.com/